Saturday, June 13, 2009

the skate park II

day 4: june 11th

rain. went to cromwell; looked important and too busy to be bothered. found mary at the end of the day, and personally spoke with her about the situation at skate park. got a medal of commendation for above and beyond display of bravery on the battlefield. a letter was dispatched; reinforcements should arrive shortly.

day 4b: june 12th

despite my best efforts, rain did not come on time. i wasn't sure what to expect. were they going to tape me to a ramp and ollie off my head? were they just going to plain beat the shit out of me? perhaps they had talked and realized that i did the right thing? nah, they probably don't even remember it.

upon entering, i got a few glares, but after i ignored them, things went about as usual. with one exception. reinforcements had arrived. i met angelica and monica, the two women who would be taking my shift. i recognized them from my second day out there; they were hanging out with the kids. monica looks like natalee portman, in my opinion. not totally, but it was enough to make me wonder, "who the hell does she look like?"

today was a pretty laid back day. i spent about half of it guarding one of the kids' bag, and the other half talking to the girls. angelica is a bit quiet, but not really timid. monica is louder, but she's gullible, and immature enough to be able to level with the kids. also, she's a photography major at one of the arts schools in manhattan (i forget which one). their motto is "yell, yell, yell". i submit that i like having a voice and not being hoarse, and considering that my yelling voice doesn't really carry all that well, i'm going to stick to my "you don't fuck with me, i don't fuck with you" tactic. not that either method is particularly effective. we'll see.

angelica said that she wants to start cracking down sunday. i can't anticipate what it'll be like, but it sure as hell is going to be nice to not be alone.

oh, angelica is the only one on a line; monica doesn't officially start until july, but the two are apparently really close friends, so i assume i'll be seeing them both in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment