Wednesday, January 21, 2009

the downside of procrastintion

you're left doing all your shit at the last minute. like trying to juggle you're three clashing schedules, and knowing full well that one is on a crash course for another unless you manage to pass it off to someone else.

networking is a fantastic tool, but it is not a god. it must be utilized in a timely fashion if maximum effectiveness is to be achieved.

and i have to wake up in six and a half hours to juggle some more. jOY. with a capital OY. as in oy vey iz mir.

with any luck, this'll all clear up within the next few days. it's really probably not as bad as i make it seem. i just get paranoid that i'm going to look extremely irresponsible (which i am to a degree if i'm procrastinating) and that people are going to give me a terrible reputation because of it (which i know sounds ridiculous; i just have to convince myself that it's how it works and adjust to it).

4 comments:

  1. I know. I don't procrastinate school/work related things-- but I do procrastinate things like paying bills or checking into student loans-- stuff like that. And then it makes me so nervous that it's all I can think about... when it could have been avoided by taking care of it earlier.

    Human nature, I guess-- but still, why do we do that to ourselves?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't even know. my thing is i hate confrontations, and like, i know i should just tell people things, and i'm like, oh i don't have to tell them now. and it comes to the point where i'm in the crunch, and if they respond negatively (which is understandable), i freak out and think they hate me and all that jazz.

    in short, i have no idea, but it's something that i hope gets eliminated from the gene pool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, yes. I understand the hatred of confrontations. And then I wait until the point of explosion and then I too, dwell on it for weeks and weeks. Mehhh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mehhhhh. yeah, that helps. mehhhhh.

    ReplyDelete